Chevrolet announced pricing Friday for the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible, both of which are expected in showrooms sometime in September. The coupe starts at $51,995 and the convertible at $56,995, including the $995 freight charge from Bowling Green, Ky.
Pricing is up by $1,400 for the coupe and $1,240 for the convertible over the 2013 model.
A coupe loaded with the major option packages would run $73,360, Chevy said in a statement.
Standard features include:
• 8-way power adjustable seats, with lightweight frames of magnesium.
• 5-position Drive Mode Selector that dials in up to 12 vehicle attributes.
• New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching downshifts; optional six-speed automatic.
• 450-hp, overhead valve, 6.2-liter LT1 V-8 with direct-injection and Active Fuel Management (cylinder shutoff).
• Carbon fiber hood. Carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes.
• Hydroformed aluminum frame (99 pounds lighter and 57 percent stiffer than the previous structure).
• Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat tires; 18-inch front, 19-inch rear.
• Dual, eight-inch configurable infotainment screens with rearview camera.
• Bose nine-speaker audio system with satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity and digital audio inputs.
• Keyless access with push-button start.
Option packages include:
• Leather-wrapped interior (3LT interior package), $8,005
• Z51 performance package, $2,800
• Competition sports seats, $2,495
• Carbon-fiber roof panel, $1,995
• Magnetic ride control with performance traction management, $1,795
• Dual-mode exhaust system, $1,195
• Carbon fiber interior trim, $995
• Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim, $995
• Red-painted calipers, $595
• Black-painted wheels, $495
The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.
The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering.